Celebrate 1st Anniversary of #SafeInOurWorld with This Indie Games Bundle
Being a proud ambassador of Safe in Our World, a mental health charity that utilises the positivity of videogames to live in a happier world, is celebrating its 1st anniversary. Not only does Safe in Our World help to raise awareness on the topic of mental health, but they also offer free Mental Health CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) for games industry professionals and gamers across the world, among many other things.
To help celebrate the landmark occasion, in collaboration with Fanatical, they are launching a fantastic indie games bundle which features some critically acclaimed titles, each game shares their own unique message and relatable story towards mental health.
The Safe in Our World 1st Anniversary Charity Game Bundle will cost just $4.99 (just under £4) or you can increase the donation and bundles will be limited to just 10,000 sets of keys, with all proceeds going to this incredible charity.
In total there are seven featured games in the Safe in Our World 1st Anniversary Charity Game Bundle, including:
- AVICII Invector by Tim Bergling aka AVICII / Hello There Games
- Dear Esther: Landmark Edition by The Chinese Room / Curve Digital
- Fractured Minds by Emily Mitchell
- GRIS by Nomada Studio / Devolver Digital
- Meadow by Might and Delight
- RiME by Tequila Works / Six Foot
- The Town of Light by LKA / Luca Dalco
You can pick-up the bundle from Fanatical here.
In its first year of existence, since the launch of Safe in Our World, which is also a non-profit organisation, this charity has achieved:
- Launch the hugely successful #LevelUpMentalHealth campaign featuring over 50 leading and indie games developers/publishers, including 505 Games, the Embracer Group, Wargamer, Curve Digital, NDreams, Mediatonic, Wired Productions, and many more; supporting 10,000 employees. (A full list of partners can be found here)
- Further grew the SIOW ambassadors and patron list, with close to 100 key influential members of the industry representing the charity
- Launch the COVID-19 Hub, a global resource set up at the beginning of the pandemic to help gamers and industry folk with information, tips, articles and resources, with traffic increasing by 146% from over 130 countries
- Help to drive support for 1 million downloads of Fractured Minds, a game developed by BAFTA young game designer recipient Emily Mitchell
- Reach 10 million players through messaging in key partner’s games
- SIOW spokespersons join panels and events participation to help talk about mental health conditions within the industry, as well as sharing the touching, personal stories of many games industry professionals and their mental health through safeinourworld.org
- Hire two full-time staff members, each with their own passionate stories, to further increase the impact and support within the games industry
- Become a fully operational organization in less than 12 months
Leo Zullo, Chairperson of Safe in Our World had this to say on the amazing inaugural year:
2020 has been such a trying year for us all, but we are so proud and thankful for the impact Safe in Our World has been able to make in our industry so far,” said Leo Zullo, Safe in Our World Chairperson. “We now look to 2021, expanding our team and opportunities, as well as further increasing awareness, access and positivity towards mental health and mental health facilities in the games industry. Our message remains the same; it’s ok to not be ok. We have a duty of care to our gamers and our people and we implore the whole industry to unite and ensure this is considered at all times.
Will you be picking up the Safe in Our World 1st Anniversary Charity Game Bundle? Let us know in the comments section below and don’t forget to share this article to help spread the world of this amazing and relatable charity.