Free Yule Seasonal Festival of Content Begins for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
The first free season of content has begun in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with the Yule Festival.
The Yule Festive which began yesterday (December 17th) will run until January 7th 2020 with a second season kicking-off in February which will introduce a new game mode.
In total the Yule Festival will last for a period of three months with a new season beginning with each new month that arrives. Each new season will bring new narrative content, in-game events, challenges, rewards and more all for free.
In this first season which remains active until January 7th it will introduce a new area within your settlement and two new character quests.
However that is not all because we’ll also be getting some new mini-games too which includes a new Drinking game, a Fist-Fight Tournament and Archery.
With all the content that the Yule Festival brings you can acquire new loot such as gear sets, settlement decorations and more by completing the new activities.
By completing the activities in question you’ll earn Yule Tokens as a reward which can be exchanged for the glorious new and exclusive loot.
With the Yule Tokens you can purchase the following items:
- Cozy Fire Pit
- Mōdraniht Ceremonial Outfit
- Mōdraniht Ceremonial Seax
- Mōdraniht Ceremonial Shield
- Mōdraniht Tattoo Set
- Ritual Tree Ornament
- Sacrificial Altar
- Traditional Yule Garland
- Yule Beech Tree
Then when the second Yule Season arrives in February; River Raids, Ranks for Jomsviking and more will be introduced, again for free, including:
- River Raids: a new game mode building on the core raiding mechanic will be introduced, delivering a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience. As the River Raids rely heavily on the Jomsviking recruits, players can hire Jomsviking from their friends online to take on an entire crew. The River Raids game mode features raids with higher stakes and different difficulty levels.
- Ranks for Jomsviking: In the Yule Season, an update to the Jomsviking feature will allow players’ Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher the rank, the more silver players can earn when their Jomsviking are recruited by other players
- Additional new abilities and rewards
It’s all not too shabby for free content to what is already a packed game full of worthwhile content.
In our review of AC Valhalla we said: “if you’ve stuck with the series since 2017’s AC: Origins then you’re going to love Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.”
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Google Stadia.