The Lords of the Fallen brings brutality in new gameplay trailer
The Lords of the Fallen brings the brutality in the latest gameplay trailer revealed at The Game Awards last week.
Developed by Hexworks (a CI Games studio), The Lords of the Fallen is the reboot to the souls-like “Lords of the Fallen” released in 2014. In fact, there was supposed to be a Lords of the Fallen 2, but I assumed that project spent too long in the dreaded developmental hell.
Vanquish the darkness with your very first gameplay glimpse of #TheLordsOfTheFallen
A vast new world of shadow and chaos awaits…
— The Lords of the Fallen (@lotfgame) December 9, 2022
Powered by Unreal Engine 5, The Lords of the Fallen is a true new-gen “dark fantasy” action RPG that will test even the most hardened players. While this game is a reboot, it’s also a sequel to the 2014 game, taking place over a thousand years after its events.
In The Lords of the Fallen, players will take on: “an all-new epic adventure through a vast and sprawling world, split at its very core between the realm of the living and the dead. An expansive RPG experience, players will need to traverse between the two fully interconnected worlds, each offering its own unique pathways, side quests, NPCs, enemies and treasures.”
Here are the key features of The Lords of the Fallen:
- A vast, interconnected world: over five times larger than the original game
- An expansive RPG experience: a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
- Tactical combat: a fast, fluid and challenging combat system
- Devastating magic: a vast array of offensive and defensive spells to master
- Uninterrupted online multiplayer: seamless world exploration in co-op mode
- Define your legend: full character customisation and progression
The Lords of the Fallen is expected to release in 2023 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Featured Image Credit: Hexworks/CI Games