PS5 System Update Fixes DualSense Battery Indicator Bug
A recent system update for PS5 has fixed a battery indicator bug for the DualSense controller.
The system update which is available to download on your PS5 console right now will fix various bugs and improve system stability.
However, it’s the DualSense fix that seems to be the standout of the update. According to various users on Reddit, an update for the controller will fix an issue that results in the battery low icon too early. Meaning that up until now, your battery indicator has been telling you that your controller is low on battery life when it had more than it realised.
To update the DualSense, just connect it to your PS5 and you should get a prompt to update the controller.
You can find the recent PS5 system update patch notes below.
- This system software update improves system performance.
- We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
- We’ve fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
- We’ve made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
Featured Image Credit: Sony